Saturday, July 3, 2010

Anything Can Happen

Like Ariel, the Little Mermaid, I too want to be where the people are.  It's not that I mind being on my own, I am damn good at that in fact, it's just that I am not a solitary person by nature.  I thrive in social situations.  I crave them.  And I haven't had near enough of them lately.

See, the boys are going away for an extended period of time starting Monday and if the recent week they were gone is any indication?  If I don't get myself out of the house and into the world the next time?  Then I will, in no uncertain terms, go out of my goddamn mind.

I don't know if you've seen Laura Kightlinger's act, or if you remember the part where she said, "People like to say, 'everything happens for a reason.'  If you repeat that in your head long enough that starts to sound like 'anything can happen with a razor.'"  Well, if I don't breathe life into my three dimensional self again soon then things are about gonna be looking like that.

So, starting on Monday I plan on being anywhere but here.  Everywhere but here.  Sure, I'll be back for nightly writing but other than that I'm grounding myself from the computer. 

Really, you should all blame yourselves for being so entertaining that I forget to interact with the real world so often.  tsk.

No comments: