Sunday, August 8, 2010

Adrenaline Crush

The blog had to go dark for Blogapalooza.  I didn't even open my computer since Thursday afternoon til I got back home tonight.  This had to be a full 3D experience.  And it was wow amazing.

I will follow up and let you know that I did not find the Thousand Cranes scarf in New York's Chinatown.  I didn't even make it over to Chinatown.  I didn't even look.  This doesn't make me the least bit sad.  Because I didn't have to look.  I found a thousand pieces of hope smack in the middle of Midtown Manhattan. 

My standard line for most things powerfully new is a sarcastic steal from an 80s SNL skit: I laughed.  I cried.  It was much better than CATS.  I'll see it again and again. 

But this time I accidentally really mean it. 

I did laugh.  so much.  And I cried.  a few times.  

Blogapalooza,  Blogher '10, was one hell of a ride.  I'm not off it yet.  I even skipped Sunday night TV (sort of.  BigBrotherTrueBloodMadMenHungEntourage are all waiting for me in the magicness that is DVR) to revel in the weekend.  Replaying moments. 

A thousand big small moments that I love as much as I wished I would.  way more than cats of any kind.  maybe even more than cranes.

I met almost all the people I wanted to meet.  I met so many more people I didn't even know would have the impact on me they did.  bliss.  serious, breath-stopping bliss.  I can't imagine having not attended. 

It.  Was.  Exactly where I was supposed to be.

See?


I love that.

I'm adrenaline crushing right now but I did love sharing time and space with everyone.

Between panels and smoke breaks, drinks and elevator conversations and so many of the other big small moments during, I found you all quite genuine and I thank you for that.

For my writing friends who weren't there...I did miss the meeting of you.  I hope to make you three dimensional at some point. 

For my nonwriting friends who read anyway I wish for you a sense of place like that wherever you choose to find yourselves. 

But mostly, I wish you all the thousand pieces of beauty I found this weekend. 



5 comments:

Denise said...

:)
Really happy for you.
:)

Dawn said...

Perfectly said. As always.

jodifur said...

It was so great to meet you.

MsPicketToYou said...

Yup. Yeah. Absolutely.

Miss you already.

Silver said...

Denise ~ Thanks!

Dawn ~ You are one of the 3 to 4 best roommates ever in the history of conference-blind-roommating. And remember "do not fucking tweet that!" ;)

Jodi ~ It was great to meet you too, you are a sweetheart.

Darcy ~ Meeting you was intense. In a good way. Can't wait to read more from you and keep in touch. seriously.