Saturday, December 20, 2008

Comedy and...

Brian Regan is one of my favorite comedians. He’s adorably goofy. I had the best time with my kids last night watching an hour of him on Comedy Central. It did help that he had a couple of Dora the Explorer references in his act and the worst swear word he used was “hell”…how often do you find a comedian you think is hilarious that your kids get too…? The downsides to my children’s advanced understanding of humor is that they are sometimes un-gotten by their friends and their teachers find them a bit cheeky. Sorry. It’s a hard row to hoe kids, get used to it.

In other news, recent events have me feeling a bit blissed out. This general sense of wellness isn’t going away. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop like the worst April Fool’s gag ever…but it isn’t. My cynical side is being mercifully squelched.

However, my cyberstalker still doesn’t have a fucking clue. And I found out the other day that I am not his only target. I’m choosing to be thankful for this rather than insulted although I don’t get how he keeps a full-time job with so many victims. I’ve thought about plotting his destruction; it’s been a while since I’ve publicly decimated anyone.

I will send this warning beforehand: Think before you type. Try sitting on your comments for a 48-hour period; if they still seem as brilliant after two days…fine.

Otherwise: Shut the fuck up.

No comments: