Monday, December 15, 2008

Shiny happy

I don't know what it is, but I feel a huge sigh of relief. It isn't about anything specific but there is a general sense of wellness going on. It's not like any of the drama has subsided, it's just that I don't care so much about it right now. I'm not even on anti-depressants although I imagine this is what they would do if I were.

The Facebook thing, the reconnecting with old friends thing I mean, has a lot to do with it. Maybe my hypothesis from months ago about sorting through old evidence and finding that singular clue was a real thing. Hanging out with Jessica on Saturday night was probably the springboard into this shiny happy moment. Really, there are so few people who truly get my optimistically morbid sense of humor…to find someone who got that at the age of 9 and be able to still be friends...that's special. Or it could be because they like me at work and want me to stay after the holidays. Whatever the cause, I'll take it.

For the other people who got my optimistically morbid sense of humor after the age of nine...it's good to connect with you too.

Otherwise - don't interrupt me while I'm ignoring you.

No comments: