Saturday, December 13, 2008

Random

Okay, I'm just going to say it, whoever gave the green light to Beyonce's Christmas release should be shot. I have holiday music pouring through the speakers at work constantly and her "I got your back on Christmas" or whateverthehell song plays all the time needs to stop immediately to the point that I wish it had never started. Ugh.

The Burger King commercial with the dwarf on a tractor. Really?! Still?! I used to love the Whopper Jr. with cheese. If I still ate fast food on an even semi-regular basis I would make a point to boycott BK for this. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the dwarf population as a whole. I just wouldn't use it as a marketing tool.

I have to change my personalized license plate. I don't think BTHNKN goes with the cinderblock-sized dent I got after backing out of my Dad's driveway and smack into my future brother-in-law's tank of a bumper on Thanksgiving.

Last week my father said that when there are people around you who share your given name you feel a sense of place in the world. My requirement of being just a bit different made a lot more sense after that. I know there's another woman named Silver living somewhere in the Greater DC Metro Area area; I met her once. I wonder if she's always felt the same.

No comments: