Saturday, February 28, 2009

Raining and pouring

Okay, so the past couple of weeks have been entirely from hell. This is evidenced by the fact that I have officially moved on from blowing out light bulbs...I'm up to major appliances and cars now. Really. My dryer is done, the garbage disposal went months ago and I think I killed my dishwasher last week. When I blew out the starter in my car last Friday, I knew I had reached a whole new level; I've blown out both headlights in a car before, but never a something like a starter. Despite the thousands of dollars it will all eventually run, I'm a little impressed with this ability (just wish I could control it).

In other news, I finally got the call from my psychic. My Parts War was for naught...whew! Of course she called back as I was waiting for Triple A to come tow my disfunctional car. "When it rains, it pours" is not just the slogan for Morton's Salt, it is the theme of my life...I accept this with a healthy sense of irony.

The appointment is next Saturday and I am terrifically interested to hear predictions for the next 15 years. Because I am not a complete dolt, I know some of it won't be all sunshiny and fabulous but that doesn't frighten me. I'm a deceptively tough chick, I know I can handle the hard stuff. Just looking to brace for the impact I suppose.

In more immediate news, I am trying to figure out how to work a particular situation to my ultimate advantage. Can't give specifics yet, but I am in the process of consulting professionals about this. It is imperative that I find someone who can understand the psychology of my predicament. I need someone who is a lawyer the way I would have been a lawyer... a very "I need to know all the rules so I know how to bend them" type of person.

All is well, all will be well and all manner of things will be well. If I squint my eyes really tight, it even looks like its true.

No comments: