Sunday, August 22, 2010

Being Prey

You know the look of a predator when it strikes. You know when you are prey.

What you do with that information is up to you. 

I have recently found that I like to walk away from it.  See if it follows.  That feels like power.

I like being prey.  Or pretending to be.  I like to put things out there and see who's willing to snap jaws in my direction.  This probably has as much to do with writing as 3D.

The chase.  The game.  People claim to hate it but everyone plays along whether they realize it or not. 

It's called flirting and I am great at that.  This is why I am fantastic at sales.  When I choose to be.  With men, women, it doesn't matter.  Everyone likes to be courted.  Paid attention to.  And everyone likes it when you open up to them back just enough.

Whether you expose a vein or show some leg or tell someone a secret...you let them in.  And they drink it in.

That's why you're here, right?

That's why I'm here.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

OOooooh, damn, I wish I could write like this. You're so much fun to read, Silver.

MsPicketToYou said...

Yup.

'Nuff said.

xo