Friday, June 3, 2011

It's not you. it's me. but duck just in case.

You know that scene from Contact?  Where Jodi Foster is in the space pod thing and she goes off on her adventure?  They agree to let her go on the space trip and they follow the directions to make the travel pod *mostly* but she has to strap in to this stupid chair for her safety or whatever.

Here's a video of it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8axMaBL4uo

Anyway, I think of that ALL THE TIME.  

If we just let things happen as they're meant to without trying to manipulate every corner and circumstance then I think we'd be a lot better off.

I say that because the last two days I've opted to lie down and be quiet instead of answering the question: At what velocity does a shovel split a human skull?

And thank god when I blink hard enough with incredulity my eyelashes don't extend like adamantium and slice people to ribbons.

No comments: