Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bluebird of Happiness

HEYGUESSWHAT!

The X has recently become a reader of le blog!  Unbeknownst to me until the other day, last week he clicked "like" on the fb fan page.  Pretty sure it was since I showed him the catface video I mentioned in my last post.  Not sure how to react to that but I'm welcoming you to my moment of "Uh...he's right behind me, isn't he?"

So let's all join in for the pausing, quick blinky thing.

...
blinkblink
...

Now we take a deep breath and a note from Pulp Fiction.

We're all gonna be like little Fonzies around here.  


And what's Fonzie like?  


That's right.  


Cool.  

(hehomgkthxbah)

******

In other news, my power keeps going out.  And that might be a metaphor for something else but I mean it literally right now.  The weather that destroyed the Midwest made its way to Pleasant Valley this afternoon and people are dodging trees and patio umbrellas in the streets which is absolutely not the norm for here until late Summer/early Fall when it's full on hurricane season.  And it's weird.   Reminiscent of one of my favorite despair.com pieces "Challenges."

Behold:

Challenges Demotivational Poster
I expected times like this - but I never thought they'd be so bad, so long, and so frequent.


And the power just went out AGAIN.

and now it's back on.

real time.  just like that.  it's crazytown.

I meant to write about my adventures at the gym over the last two months but I re-read it and sneered at my own self.  I've been too long and scattered away, I can't meet you again on the regular with gym habit ramblings.  I just can't.  It's not what I think of when the power goes out.

What I've been thinking of is how somebody said on Formspring not so long ago that all blogs die.  It's fucked with my head for months.

I don't want to kill the blog.  I don't want it to die.  I just needed to reboot.  And honestly, maybe I need to write my crazy out again more often because I'm trying to get a Corporate and Special Event coordinating business off the ground.  I'm an LLC now and everything!  And the last event venture I tackled went off so successfully it was like I meant to do it that way and I used this forum as the main pressure release valve all the while.  maybe this was the key whole time.

No comments: