Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bouncing out loud

So, the dark cloud looming over me at the moment is: I got fired for the first time ever last week. The objection in question pretty much came down to my personality. I've had plenty of people not like me during my life, but never has my personality gotten me fired before.

Maybe I just expected that the 4 out of 5 dentists would weigh more heavily than that one guy who's holding out. Apparently, not so much.

I hope you understand the broad scope of this summation of events: I can't keep quiet in church...and given the option...I'd rather not.

They love me anyway, there may be an audience for my particular opinion, letters of recommendation to follow, "it's not you; it's me."

It was almost the weakest break-up I have ever experienced.

I'm not saying I am impenetrable enough not to have cried since, but I for (expletive deleted) certain didn't cry about that, I've got enough else going on. Thankfully I bounce when I fall. This rant not withstanding, let's just call it even.

In incessantly "glass is half full" news: I stopped by a bookstore today and picked up Chelsea Handler's book "Are you there, Vodka? It's me Chelsea." by 4 o'clock I had read it in its entirety. I've been meaning to read "My Horizontal Life" forever, but this was available today and I needed some immediate Chelsea.

If I hadn't just gotten a bikini wax, I would have taken it to the beach and looked like a jackass in a beach chair laughing out loud while reading it. However, as anyone who has ever had a bikini wax might expect, you need some time for that situation to settle down, so I was content today with reading on the deck and taking intermittent breaks for housecleaning and other nonsense. Tomorrow however, I will rule my particular world and own the beach with friend Dana and other entourage in tow.

The day after that I get to sit in on The Mike and Bob Show on 96X, or as I should perhaps refer to this time from here on as: my key out of the asylum. So, tune in Friday between 2 and 6 and you might get to hear me out loud for a minute or two.

No comments: