Monday, July 19, 2010

The Baby Pool

What's going on?  Hmmmmm....

Waiting for Jan Brady to pop.  Her baby was due last Friday.  I'm going to be an Aunt for the second time.

She could go into *real* labor aaaaaannnnnnnyminutenow.  There have been lots of "Oh!  Is this it?!" moments over the last few days but as X guessed once, "It's probably like when you're fishing. You feel a tug and think you have something on the line so you reel it in, but you got nothin'.  Then...when you really have a fish...you know it."  Which, I hate to say it almost, but in my experience he was right.

Anyway, I'm hoping for the games to begin for good and all some time late tonight/early A.M. tomorrow so she'll have the baby between the hours of 1 and 4 p.m. tomorrow afternoon.  Because those are my squares on the Baby Pool.

Have you guys done this?  The Baby Pool?  We did it with Thing 1 because X is a compulsive gambler and must have felt like he'd be more "involved" with the process if he had some stake in it.  Apparently the overwhelming obvious Father part was not enough for him.  We owned a bar at the time and Jan Brady made this big chart and friends and everybody who came in to the bar would buy squares betting on the date and hour of the Joyous Event.  It went two weeks out fore and aft.

X won the pool.  This still does not seem right to me.

So anyway, we did the same thing at Jan's baby shower last month.  I bought a bunch of squares besides these but I'm pretty sure my last hope is tomorrow between 1 and 4 p.m. because for some reason I thought her due date was the 26th and I loaded up around then but there's no way she'll last that long and god forbid she should have to in this heat.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow!  No Whammies!

No comments: