Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Relax. It's Not Prom

What should I wear?!  What are you gonna wear?!

Those are the questions everyone is asking now. 

Holy crap it's only Wednesday.  This reunion is three.  and a half.  entire.  whole.  days away.  How am I supposed to know what I'm going to wear all the way on Saturday already?  Perhaps there'll be a heat wave.  or a cold snap.  or a tsunami.  Those things would affect my wardrobe choices.

Or perhaps the weather will be exactly like it is now except just a little bit cooler and since this party will be taking place outside at an inlet as the sun is going down then some additional layers might be in order because I'm the type of person who gets cold really easily.  But if you're coming down from somewhere North of Pleasant Valley then this could feel like a Summer's day to you and you're all jazzed about shorts and a crazy Hawaiian shirt.  Or maybe you're coming up from somewhere South of here and anything below 70 feels like the Siberian tundra.  So I don't know what you should wear is what I'm saying here.  That's a lot of pressure to put on someone who still has a dozen centerpieces to put together and a garage remodel to oversee and four feet of laundry just sitting there.  mocking me.

You know what I would do?  I would Google.  You should Google too. or call the local weather hotline or use your imagination for cryin' out loud.  yeesh.  sorry.  I didn't mean to snap.  I'm just...there's a lot going on is all.  It's not you, it's me.

And honestly, I don't know what I'm going to wear because I can't decide if I should be a gradient more fancy than casual because of my leadership role in these shenanigans.  You know, like if I should look like a hostess or an in-charge person or if I should dress just as casually as I'm encouraging everyone else to because that's only fair and I don't want to hear 200 people whine, "But you SAID...!" because the only people who can talk to me like that are my kids and even then I don't like hearing it.

So anyway, I don't have my outfit picked out yet.  All I can tell you is that it won't be a silver cocktail dress.  There will be flip flops involved.  And something flattering in the leg and/or cleavage arenas (listen, I'm a single woman and there's going to be a photographer.  strategery!).  But I'm probably not going out and buying anything new.  Oh, and I shouldn't even have to mention this but...no body glitter.

You can wear whatever you like.  Something that looks nice in pictures.  Casual but not sloppy.  No ties.  No uncomfortable shoes.  Nothing that would fall in the general category of formal or even semi-formal. 

Just wear something you feel confident in that you don't have to fret over all evening.  Keep it simple.  No stress.  Do not panic.  etc.  That's what I'm aiming for anyway.  godspeed.

5 comments:

jerrod said...

Best part was But You Said!!!

Hope the reunion is a blast and we better get to see the cleav..... pics. See the pretty pics. :)

Silver said...

haha...I KNOW there's going to be some of that. As far as cleav...pics go, they'll be out there I'm sure. The pictures I mean not the...well, that too I guess.

ClaireMontgomeryMD said...

i'll email you my real name so we can be fake facebook friends. my reunion pics may come in handy. the only thing to worry about is a great push up bra. the ONLY thing! have fun!

Anne said...

HAHAA ... Jenni told me to read this, and she's right. It's hilarious. See you very soon!!

Silver said...

Thanks Anne (and Jen)! See you tomorrow!