Thursday, November 11, 2010

Friends Help You Move

You: [RANT!  RAIL!  AGAINST THE WORLD!]  THE WORLD FUCKING HATES ME!

Me: [wide eyed look of "okay"] okay...?
You: You saw it coming, didn't you?!  You told me all along!  WHATNOW?!
Me: Get a financial exit plan.
You:  But I'm not ready to leave.
Me: You don't have to be ready to leave.  Just map out a financial exit plan for when you are.
You: But...what if I should stay and see if things will work out?
Me: Fine.  Do that.  But get.  A financial.  Exit plan.  justincasetheydon't.
You:  I should do that.

Me: [exhale]

I love you.  I want you to be happy.  Where you are right now is about the least happy place I've ever seen anyone.  I know you think I'm your friend and I'm supposed to be on your side no matter what. 

And that's true.  I am your friend.  I am on your side.  Nomatterwhat.  Even when you're wrong.  because I know you well enough to know that wrong was provoked.  I will stand up and fight in your defense on that point.  And I will win.

But you should still get the hell out of that nightmare immediately.
Or quit asking for my opinion because you already know what it is.
Just let me know when I need to move boxes.
or bodies. 
I love you.
I'm ready.

No comments: