Friday, August 12, 2011

What It's About

I declare with resounding certainty that the Always Home and Uncool family is neither *always* home nor uncool.

Sorry to kill the façade

I haven't said anything about it here because I didn't want to jinx the meeting, but tonight Thing 1, Thing 2 and I got to hang out with Mr. and Mrs. Uncool and their Things 1 & 2 as they breezed into town on the way to somewhere else.  And the evening was lovely.  Sitting on a beach at the Chesapeake Bay, we chatted over drinks and pizza under a gorgeous orange setting sun and equally magnificent rising orange moon.

I hope they had as good a start to their vacation as we had meeting them because I'm kind of blissed out by the night.

Our Things 1 were equally solitary-ish and our Things 2 got on like gangbusters.  Mrs. Uncool possessed the quiet confidence of a woman you want on your side in a fight.  Mr. Uncool was exactly as he presents himself, the only word I can think of is 'affable'.  Dick Van Dyke minus the ottoman.  Love that guy.  The Murphinator was icing.

In my estimation, this is one of those blogger connections you hope for.  When I started the writing challenge to myself a year and a half ago, to write every day just to see if I could, I wasn't sure what would come of it but I hoped it would be something good.  I met Kevin at BlogHer '10 and WHAM!, here we are with a just because pizza picnic on the beach.

You can find controversy wherever you so choose in the blogosphere if that's your thing, or you can find people you'd like to keep for mostly ever.








No comments: