Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Correcting Course

Holy Mother of Cow, what was I saying about sabotage? I skipped two days. TWO. GAH. I didn't mean to though, they just kind of got away from me. But that's the thing about drift. It's not a sharp turn, it's just a slight veer off track and the next thing you know, you've accidentally landed back on the road to nowhere.

Correcting course.

Soevidently, it's not just beer I'm having a reaction to. Seems to be that all alcohol is the issue at the moment. I know this because I experimented this weekend and then last night at bowling. Last night the congestion set in again and it was not the easiest thing to breathe. So back to the original plan of no alcohol for the time being. I don't think this is going to be a permanent deal, but I feel like there's probably something going on with my liver that needs to be reset. According to google, there's an enzyme that's supposed to break this down and it doesn't seem to be functioning properly. But it's not like it's genetic or anything so I think I just need to seriously detox and see if that helps.

The best part about all this is that I can forgive myself my transgressions here because it's all part of a larger learning process! I think.

In other news, my neighborhood has a Book Club. It started out at as more of a Women's Group that would do random activities around the area once a month. I went for the first few times for the social aspect, then I stopped going because I forget why and then somewhere along the way when I did go back, it turned into a book club. I went to a couple of the meetings thinking it would be like what my friends and I call "book club" which is really just sitting around catching up over some drinks. But nope. For Real Book Club and I felt kind of stupid when they asked me about what I thought of the book and I couldn't do anything but shrug and smile. So I checked this month's book out at the library yesterday for the next meeting in a couple of weeks. I figure since I need to get back into the networking, I may as well bring some legitimacy.

I'm still feeling pretty chaotic though. I need to settle down and center. Even writing right now my brain is all over the place. I have written and deleted at least four paragraphs here because they're completely disjointed.

Breathe.

No comments: